March 23, 2020
BetterLife’s Response to COVID-19
As everyone in the world is aware, COVID-19 is changing the way we live our daily lives. The virus continues to spread at a rapid rate, and our local and federal governments are taking precautionary steps to protect us. In response, we want to do our part to protect our BetterLife family, which includes our members, our agents, and our Home Office employees.
We Will Continue to Protect You
Just as we have for 118+ years, we remain committed to our members, and we will be here for you today and tomorrow. BetterLife remains financially strong, which means your policies will stay safe with us during this pandemic. Our agents and Home Office staff are still available to assist you, whether you have questions about your existing policy or want to discuss additional coverage options during this uncertain time.
We also provide online resources that you can access anytime. If you’d like to check on your policy information, owner forms, or owner profile, you can still do so through our online Member Portal.
We strongly encourage you to give us a call if you would like to review your policy or have any other questions. Please reach out to our Home Office or any of our agency locations:
Home Office | Madison, WI
(608) 833-1936 | email@example.com
Dakotas Agency Office | Spearfish, SD
(605) 642-4778 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeshore Agency Office | Plymouth, WI
(920) 893-2300 | email@example.com
Wisconsin River Agency Office | Wausau, WI
(715) 845-4300 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps We Are Taking to Fight the Spread of COVID-19
Our Home Office and two of our agency offices are located in Wisconsin where the Governor has asked all non-essential businesses to close. Fortunately, the state and federal governments agree that BetterLife’s mission to protect its members through life insurance and annuities is essential. Our Home Office will remain open with minimal staffing so we can continue to assist our members. Many of our staff members will continue to be available while working from remote locations.
Some of the projects we’ve been working on to do our part in combating the spread of Coronavirus include:
- Providing our Home Office employees with the ability to work from home. The essential staff members that continue to work in our office will practice social distancing and follow all CDC recommendations.
- Creating new training and resources to help our agents better serve you by using virtual meetings and other methods of communication that keep everyone safe.
- Conducting hospital-grade deep cleans of our Home Office on a daily basis, in an effort to prevent the spread of the disease.
We Are Here For You
As this unfolds, we continue to monitor CDC guidelines and changing State and Federal regulations. Although life is far from normal at the moment, we are doing everything we can to stay “normal” at BetterLife.
Our first priority is, and always will be, our members. We know this is a scary time for everyone. We are here to help make sure your family remains protected during this difficult time. Please know that we are here to continue servicing your policy and provide any additional coverage you may need for yourself and your family.